Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday 13 January 2011

Karakuri Cube No.3

Behold! My first puzzle made by the Karakuri Creation Group in Japan:

This is the Karakuri Cube No.3. It is handmade by the Karakuri Creation Group in Hakone Japan. It is a beautiful and simple two step (depending on how you count) puzzle box made from walnut, maple and katsura wood. All sides are completely symmetrical and the edges are nicely sanded.
Other puzzlers have said that the solution to this box is easier to find if you have not solved other Karakuri puzzles in the past, and this is likely to be true as I solved it in only a couple of minutes. Even though the solution is relatively simple, it is very satisfying to repeat.

I liked this one so much that I've decided that I will get hold of the other three cubes in this set (finance permitting). And I would recommend that anyone looking to get hold of a premier puzzle box for a relatively cheap price that these are the boxes for you.

Where I got the Karakuri Cube No.3 from: Faze 3

Although it does seem that I bought the last one from Faze 3, so if you are also looking for one I recommend also taking a look here: Puzzle Box World (US)

See also my review of the Karakuri Cube No.1: HERE

1 comment:

No puzzle spoilers please!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...